April 22 is Earth Day. We hope you will plant a garden, pick up litter, support local farms, compost your food scraps, Recycle Better™, and go for a nice long hike. We hope you will take a moment to reflect on the natural environment that delights, nourishes, and sustains us all.
Then we hope you’ll do it again on April 23.
April 23 is the day we all get to prove that Earth Day is more than just a reminder to do something green once per year. The day after Earth Day is when we all get to prove our ongoing daily commitment to living lightly and lovingly on the earth.
Here’s a glimpse of what we will be doing on April 23:
- Casella Boston will sort and process recyclables from thousands of homes and businesses throughout the region.
- Casella Burlington will collect source-separated food scraps from dozens of local groceries and restaurants.
- Casella Organics will turn windrows to compost the biosolids from dozens of wastewater treatment facilities.
- Casella Hyland will capture and convert its landfill gas into enough electricity for over 4,000 homes.
On April 23, at each of our 130+ locations throughout the region, we will be doing something that brings us all closer to sustainability. We know this is what we’ll be doing because it’s what we do every day, all year long.
Across the Northeast, and beyond, we work with our customers to make every day Earth Day. Every day we show up. Every year we do better. This is how we live Earth Day every day.
See you on April 23.
Looking for inspiration?
- Play our sorting game to learn how to Recycle Better every day of the year
- Subscribe to our Beyond the Bin podcast to learn more about your waste and recyclables