Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated areas according to type, size, condition, color, or paper grade.
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Ensure proper PPE is utilized, as well as compliance with Lock Out Tag Out procedures are adhered to consistently.
- Pull contaminants out of paper or off of floor.
- Perform cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping.
- Report system problems immediately to management.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and surrounding area.
- Dump boxes and containers of material into designated area(s).
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety and work quality record.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing. reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying and climbing).
- Exhibit the ability to distinguish between various recyclable materials.
- Self-starter, aggressive work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Good verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with other personnel and management.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, instructions, signs, signals, and safety training.
- Positive, team oriented attitude
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.