Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Shop Clerk is responsible for parts and inventory management, and administration in a shop environment.
- Purchasing, inventory management, warranty recovery, and repair order processing utilizing our maintenance management software, “Transman”
- Maintain an organized efficient workspace and current accurate records per company policy and the governing agencies
- Execute parts inventory management processes to include conducting physical inventory, parts ordering, receiving, coordinating parts pick-up and delivery as well as stocking inventory
- Maintaining records and statistics such as min-max levels for inventory control
- Responsible for managing parts obsolescence
- Responsible for shipping warranty and parts return to vendors
- Responsible for parts room organization and cleanliness
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and applications
- Valid driver’s license
- Auto or truck parts experience is preferred
- Self-directed person with a positive and professional mind-set
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet goals and deadlines
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are required
- Ability to lift and carry parts in excess of 60 pounds is required
- Knowledge of applicable DOT regulations, OSHA compliance, and company regulations preferred
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.